FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Delivery Driver is responsible for on-time, accurate delivery of kegs, cases, and merchandise primarily to Bottlecraft and Vino Carta stores within San Diego and Los Angeles Counties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loading, transporting, and delivering items in a safe, timely manner;
- Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete;
- Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicles;
- Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules;
- Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record;
- Preparing reports and other documents relating to deliveries; and
- Operating equipment and machines, such as cars, trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands/conditions described below are representative of those that must be met/tolerated by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
these essential functions.
- Requires standing and walking for continuous and extended periods of time;
- Frequent stooping and/or lifting heavy items;
- Assisted lifting of cooperage up to 160 lbs.; and
- Exposure to moderate to high noise levels.
Incumbents must demonstrate the ability to follow policies and procedures as established in the
Company’s Employee Handbook. Incumbents will also contribute to a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a manner such that they get along with all constituent groups, co-workers, and management.
In addition, the education, experience, and other skills listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- The basic math and writing skills typically gained while earning a high school diploma or equivalent
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license issued by California; and
- Special licenses may be required to operate certain vehicles.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a similar role.
KEY SKILLS SET
- Must have a clean driving record;
- Must adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws;
- Strong time management and customer service skills; and
- Attention to detail.
If this sounds like you, please send us an email with your resume, availability and references to info@BottlecraftBeer.com. In the body of the email tell us a little about yourself and answer the following questions:
- What’s your favorite beer right now and why?
- In your opinion, what distinguishes Bottlecraft from other bars?
- Why should we hire you?
- How would you, in your own words, define “customer service”?